Sunday, September 5, 2010

I still can't believe it, I got DQ'd.

This is where I thought I was going to be racing, the Cruiser main Event!











But I got DQ for going off-course, it was the most exciting racing in my short BMX career.
The last chance to qualify, I needed to finish 4th or better, we only had 5 in the moto!
The heat started and all 4 guys easily got away from me. I kept digging deep, just in case there was a crash. As we were coming off of the last turn, there they were, 3 of them just cruising in. I dug supper deep caught them and pass them in the last 10 ft. It was awesome, I was in cloud 9.
After a bunch of high 5s, and some congratulations from the same guys I just passed, The officials informed me that I had been DQ'd for going off the course!!! it sucked... I got over it, I mean deep inside I knew I hadn't violated the spirit of the game, but I did brake a rule! oh well, I am trying to teach my boy fair play so I was ok with it. My boy on the other hand was very sad for me.

The funny thing is, I think I would do it all over again, it was so much fun and exciting.
Bungy went on to his main event, he got second, he tried hard but was beaten.
he too, got over it, eventually. A couple of hours later we were at a BBQ, he had forgotten all about it, playing and horsing around with other kids.
ME, on the other hand, I was still talking to anyone that would listen about my race and my DQ...
Click here for more images
blog comments powered by Disqus